Wonderful Wednesday 23

26 October 2016


This year seems to be flying by! Does anyone else think so too? It doesn't even feel like a week has passed since I was finishing off my last Wonderful Wednesday post, yet here we are. And the clocks go back this weekend...roll on that extra hour in bed! But surely that's something to save for next week...so here are some of the top moments from this past week.

****

♥ Looking up... Sounds like an odd one but looking up is really wonderful at the moment! I've been loving walking around and gazing at the beautiful leaves changing their colours, particularly in our local park which seems to cover every shade of the autumnal palette. The sky has also been really beautiful over the course of the last week so yes, make sure you keep looking up so as not to miss out on anything gorgeous.




♥ My new issue of the Simple Things has arrived... That's all that needs to be said for that, really. I'm trying so hard to make it last until the weekend when all I want to do is curl up and devour it. It has been a lovely treat to look forward to after some trying days at work though.

♥ Clean bedsheets... Has this already graced a previous Wonderful Wednesday? Whether it has or not, I popped clean bedsheets on this weekend and am still revelling in them now. There's nothing cosier, particularly after a bath and snuggled into new PJs too. Bliss.

♥ Lunching with friends... We were incredibly decadent this weekend and had plans on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's lunch was spent at a local pub with one of my friends who's moving abroad in a week's time. On Sunday we went for lunch chez B who always goes all out when inviting us over (I can't be too gushing because he's likely to read this hoping for a mention! ;D) Seriously though, as a coeliac I do worry that I'm everyone's dreaded dinner guest but I really shouldn't be because i'm not a picky eater and it's really not that difficult to prepare something quick and easy that's also gluten free. Not that B goes for quick and easy, with Sunday's offering being an amazing Cassoulet. Honestly, just look at it:


A Sunday of good food, wine and chattings...exactly what the doctor ordered.

♥ Cosy evenings... So as I mentioned last week, we've taken our slow cooker out of its box and on Monday morning, the mister added together all the ingredients for a beef stew which greeted me when we got home on Monday evening. It was warming and comforting, everything I needed when I stepped in out of the cold, dark, drizzly outdoors. By the time I got home, the mister had also added some calming lavender to the aroma diffuser and put on some Radio 3...which was thankfully not playing some incomprehensible classical music but a comforting concert.

There was enough made to enable us to have delicious leftovers on Tuesday night too, accompanied by some mashed potato and buttery cabbage. I really think wintry dishes are my favourites!


Hope you're all having wonderful weeks so far and the rest of your week passes just as splendidly. I won't be posting next week because I already know I'll be working late most evenings (joy!). See you in 2 weeks!

♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below (I do love comments!) or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJoEmmaSamanthaKerri, LauraSarahPetaElLauraSarahMimmi, Jasmin and Martina - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

5 comments

  1. Wonderful Wednesday my lovely Cat!!!I totally agree with you about wintry dishes..they are my favourite too.. just the idea of a warming soup, followed by an apple crumble, after a cold busy day at work, make me feel better!! I'll miss you next week!!!
    Hugs and Kisses
    Martina
    http://sweetietulip88.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky really is beautiful, isn't it? It's easy to forget to look up and appreciate it sometimes. And hurrah for fresh sheets, lunch with friends, and cosy evenings :) Enjoy the rest of your week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that top photo is the epitome of autumn. The colours are just beautiful and I'm loving your boots. They love so comfy and warm.
    I will always, always agree with looking up. I'm endlessly fascinated by the changes in the sky.Your lunches sound yummy, food always seems to feature on my list!
    Have a fabulous end to your week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat! You're making me so very hungry!!!! That cassoulet looks absolutely amazing what jolly great friends you have! I have yet to purchase a slow cooker - am i missing out?!? Yes to lavender - it's the loveliest scent to unwind to and yes also to Radio 3 - i always listen to it after my evening shower and as i'm getting ready for bed.

    Sending you lots of love and wishing you a lovely rest of week!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that dish looks so delicious, I also pulled out the old slow cooker this week and I'm so glad I have. There's nothing like arriving home to a steaming pot of joy is there?

    Wishing you the most wonderful end to the week and a great weekend!
    Peta xx
    www.24hoursintoday.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.