Wonderful Wednesday 45

17 January 2018


And just like that, Wednesday's here again! Somehow they seem to come around a lot quicker when you're noticing the good things in between!

This was a Sunday snap but is also remarkably similar to what's happening on Tuesday night as I put the finishing touches to my happy snippets. There has been notebook planning, a cup of tea or two and as soon as I finish this, I'm heading to bed with my new book - it's the first Dorothy Sayers book I've read and I'm loving it so far. I do love to cosy up with an old fashioned murder mystery. What are you reading at the moment? Let me know in the comments below, as well as what has been particularly delightful over the course of the last week. Mine are below! Happy Wednesday all :)

****

♥ Snowdrops... I spotted my first snowdrops of the year on Saturday morning. Snowdrops were my Nanny's favourite flower and so every time I see them, I think of her and wonder if she's looking down on me. Saturday's were a particular highlight and I'm taking them as a good sign of things to come....not just the first sign of spring and slightly lighter mornings!

♥ Quiet Sundays... While I did my yoga on Sunday morning, my husband went for a run and came back with a newspaper, which we sat and enjoyed over a leisurely brunch and big mugs of coffee. The rest of the day was spent pottering at home, catching up on laundry and plans for the week to come, reading and blogging. It was so well-needed and I started the week feeling refreshed and on top of things (with an empty laundry basket - woo!)

♥ Trip planning... Two of my dearest friends are coming to stay at the end of the month and we've been excitedly trip planning for a little while now. As they've been to London on a few different occasions, we've decided to spend a few days of their visit in Brighton. We've booked an airbnb, which I'm really excited about as it looks like a lovely flat which we'll have all to ourselves in a good location, and we're currently looking at all the different things to do - mostly food-related because that's how we roll. How many afternoon teas in one short trip are too many? Asking for a friend.

♥ Daylight... It's happened! As we were walking to the station yesterday morning, I suddenly noticed that I could see a short way in front of me and the flashing collars on the dogs being walked ahead of us weren't the first sign of a dog in the distance. The mornings are officially a little brighter already - spring is on its way!

♥ Yoga... Can I really have this on my list twice in two weeks?! Well, it's my blog so I'm going to. This week's #YWAtrue has got quite a bit tougher but in return, so much more satisfying. Those 30 or so minutes that are truly all my own each day leave me feeling so positive and energised. It stretches away any hint of tension in my back and shoulders, and I feel ever so slightly taller each day.


♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJoSamKerri, LauraSarahPetaElLauraMimmiMartinaLynseyKatie and Em (I think that's everyone - shout at me if you're not on the list!) - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

8 comments

  1. Hello lovely Cat! I'm sitting in the kitchen reading your post over breakfast and you're absolutely right about the daylight! I can see out the window across the garden and beyond!

    Is it too late to steal this and add it to my list?!

    Have a great day!

    LT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late - but I think your puppy news trumps all, even the first signs of spring! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Cat what a beautiful list of wonderfulness, I'm on the Yoga every day bandwagon too at the moment and absolutely loving it! I hope you have an amazing time when your friends come to stay, I've never been to Brighton but I've always want to!

    Sending lots of love your way for the rest of the week,
    Peta xx
    www.pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to do a Brighton write-up so you can start planning your trip in advance :) Hope you've had a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  3. You most certainly can have yoga on two lists in a row, it's been bloody brilliant so far hasn't it? Even the ones that I haven't really clicked with have taught me something or just got me present in the moment.

    I also noticed some Snowdrops in my front garden on Saturday! Kicking myself for not putting them on my list now, I did do a little squeal of delight that my husband did find quite amusing. I love these first signs of Spring, and they are even better in January!

    S xo
    Paper Lilacs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me - I don't remember noticing these little signs so early last year but perhaps I just forget about it in the gloom and cold of January! xx

      Delete
  4. I've just started doing yoga daily and I totally get about it making you feel a little taller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me - I thought you'd all think I was going slightly mad when I said that!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.