Wonderful Wednesday 53

25 April 2018



A short but sweet round-up this week as I type this frantically on Tuesday night after getting home late from a seminar. A good excuse to look for some choice happy moments, amongst my yawns! On with the good times!

****

♥ Walks in the sunshine... Over the last few weekends, I've really felt like I've been able to stretch my legs for the first time since we moved in. It's amazing what a boost some good weather brings. We've started to explore more of the area, which is so different to the suburbs of London where we've always lived together. There's actual countryside pretty much on our doorstep and I'm loving it! I feel like I can breathe again.


On Sunday, we walked through some fields near our house, following some footpaths that had thankfully mostly dried out over the last week of sunshine. We passed a few dog walkers but for the majority of the time, it was just the two of us; fields of horses, gorgeous blossom and blissful silence. We even discovered a field full of forget-me-nots, absolutely beautiful. 


♥ Gardening... This last weekend was so wonderful! We'd been saying all week that if it lasted to the weekend, we wanted to get out into our little garden and have a good old tidy. It was the perfect weather for it really - not as hot as the days preceding it and with a refreshing breeze. I had the easier job, digging all the weeds out of the pots, while the mister chopped away at an abundance of ivy that had grown everywhere during the long winter months. We'd picked up a few plants earlier on the Saturday - only a few until we really plan what we'd like to do with the space and go to a garden centre, but enough to add a splash of colour here and there. My little chilli seeds that have been sitting in a pot on our windowsill for the last few weeks finally started to sprout this weekend too - hopefully they'll be ready to plant outside in another week or two!




♥ Summer drinks... I popped into the supermarket on my way home from work on Friday, searching for something cooling and refreshing to sip out in the garden after a long hot week and discovered a new drink that is going to be my go-to choice this summer - Belvoir's Cucumber and Mint Pressé. My goodness, it was everything I was looking for and more. Cooling, refreshing, sweet without feeling like all my teeth were going to fall out. Super tasty - give it a try if you spot it! I poured myself a glass as soon as I got home and sat out in the garden watching the red kites soar overhead and a few hot air balloons over the hills in the distance...and felt my shoulders drop and all the week's tension ease away.


♥ Lunch breaks... I'm dreadful for not taking a lunch break. I pop downstairs to heat up some soup, bring it back up to my desk and before I know it, the hour has passed without me stirring and (on occasion) with my soup sitting cold beside me. I know it's not good and I do really notice the benefit in the afternoons when I do pop out for a quick walk outside. Over the last week, thanks to the sunny weather, I've been popping out a little more and it's been lovely. Even Monday, which was oddly chilly again (boo!), I popped out for 15 minutes and read my book in the park. Here's to taking a few more well-deserved breaks.


♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJoSamKerri, LauraSarahPetaElMimmiMartinaLynseyKatie and Em (I think that's everyone - shout at me if you're not on the list!) - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

5 comments

  1. I work in an industrial area and used to sit at my desk to eat my lunch which didn't really feel like a break. I finally discovered that there was a park about a 5 minute walk away and often go there on sunny days, it really does make a difference when you get out of the office for a little while!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does and I don't even have to walk 5 minutes to get to some green, no excuses really! xx

      Delete
  2. I love a good walk to dust of the cobwebs especially when the sun is shining! I'm glad your settling in well to your new area the countryside really is lovely isn't it? xx

    Lynsey || One More Slice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Cat that Cucumber and mint Pressé sounds AMAZING, I must give it a go when I'm back in the UK next. Lunch times are so difficult to take aren't they, but it really does make a huge difference! Yay to pottering in the garden, that's my favourite way to spend a weekend.
    Sending lots of love your way Cat,
    Peta x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.