Things I love Thursday

27 February 2014

This week has been flying by and the mornings are looking decidedly brighter as I leave for work in the morning (at a horrid 6.50am, which is not fun in winter). I think spring is definitely on its way and, if that doesn't cheer you up, here are a few things to put an actual spring in your step on this last Thursday of February.

source
Isn't this dress gorgeous? Combine it with a big pair of sunglasses, a straw hat and some cute wedge sandals - summer here I come!


source
This is true far too often.



The fantastic news that the amazing Ripper Street has been saved! The news that the BBC had decided to axe this wonderfully-written and often thought-provoking  depiction of life in the grim East End of Victorian London was met with a lot of outrage, and the online outcry seems to have worked! Apparently, a new series will be funded by Amazon Prime and the new episodes will air through them before being shown on the BBC. (Thank you to Madame Guillotine for the news!)




Oh I do love Wes Anderson's films! Gorgeously shot, wonderfully (often) bizarre characters, fantastic soundtracks - they're perfect to while away a few hours with a cup of tea and something sweet. I adored his most recent film, Moonrise Kingdom, and I've wanted to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel since the trailer was first released. Will you be making a trip to the cinema for this?


Also...

♥ Rosie's 20 ways to find calm when life is busy. Sometimes we all need a little help to not let things get on top of us...I do like the suggestion of making a good list. (Sometimes I write things on my list that I've already done, just so that I can cross it off straightaway!)

♥ This recipe for Lemon and Poppyseed Cupcakes.

♥ Holiday planning... I'd love to get away for a bit of break in the sun this year and I'm enjoying daydreaming about the various options. Lots of culture, sun (but not too hot!) and somewhere where eating gluten free won't be a nightmare...hmm. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Enjoy the countdown to the weekend folks!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.